Serving in Love
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way
you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
Love One Another
Jesus spoke "This is my command: Love each other." John 15:`7
In keeping with our vision, "Serving in Love", the Board of Caring Ministries strives to meet the needs of our members as well as members of the community.
The members of St Mark Lutheran Church strive to encourage, identify, develop, and support ministries which demonstrate our love of Christ through our actions.
- Meal and Bereavement Ministries- Meals are offered to members following the death of an immediate family member or during times of illness, crisis, or other situations.
- Blood Drive Ministry- Members give the "Gift of Life" during scheduled blood drives at our site.
- Brazosport Cares Food Pantry (Freeport)- The mission of Brazosport Cares Food Pantry is to feed Brazosport's hungry through food distribution, education, collaboration, and advocacy. Members contribute food and personal care items to Brazosport Cares Food Pantry. Items are collected each Sunday and a special food drive is conducted in Nov/ Dec.
- The church also hosts an annual charity event benefitting Brazosport Cares and its mission.
- Card Ministry- Members show their concern for others by sending cards to those who are ill, needing encouragement, comfort, thanks or congratulations.
- Christmas Angel Tree Ministry- Members work with knowledgeable individuals and local agencies to identify families in need and collect gifts for distribution.
- Handy Man Ministry- At various times, members may need minor repairs around their household. The ministry members are available to lend a helping hand.
- Pregnancy Help Center (Lake Jackson)- The Pregnancy Help Center is a locally funded non-profit organization that has been serving individuals in crisis pregnancy in southern Brazoria County since 1990. St Mark believes strongly in the sanctity of life and donates regularly to the center. St Mark also participates in the center's annual Baby Bottle Boomerang.
- Recorded Service Ministry- Each Sunday the worship service is recorded and delivered to homebound members so they may continue to feel a part of St. Mark.
We're thankful for those who serve ...
Brazosport Cares Food Pantry liaison
Bereavement Ministry (death of non-member relative) ...
|Card Ministry ...|| |
Christmas Angel Tree ...
Funeral Meals ...
|Margaret Townsend & Board of Elders|
Handy Man Ministry ...
Pregnancy Help Center Ministry liaison
Recorded Service Ministry ...
Dorothea Dippel/Board of Elders
| || |
Please let the Board of Caring and Sharing or the Church Office know if you are in need or you wish to serve.